In this blog post, I will be highlighting the major updates Microsoft announced at its Ignite Conference in Orlando, Florida. These exciting features connect the workplace with intelligent content management and intranets. Large number of organizations connect their Modern Workplace with One Drive and SharePoint and their growth and adoption rate is phenomenal. Here are some metrics below that indicate their momentum.
Here are some exciting updates that were announced at Ignite 2017 -
One Drive - Share and Work Together
- Sync all files with Files on demand - Access all your files without using up your device storage
- View Document metrics - Number of views and who viewed a document.
- Real Time Co-Authoring in Excel.
- Easy Shareable links, Short shared URLs and Securely shared external links
- Microsoft Flow integrated into One Drive.
- Text extraction from images for Search
SharePoint - Mobile and Intelligent Intranet
- New SharePoint Hub Sites - Sites that inherit branding, navigation, rollup news and activity
- SharePoint News Updates and Save news for later Feature
- Customize look and layout of site - Custom Theme SharePoint pages.
- Build richer, more dynamic pages with new web parts
- Column formatting and Consolidated Filters in SharePoint Lists.
- No throttling in SharePoint lists/libraries
- Extend SharePoint with new SharePoint Framework Extensions
- Richer Integration with Microsoft Flow and Power Apps
- Better support for large lists and Predictive indexing
Admin, Usage and Security
- New SharePoint and One Drive Admin Center
- SharePoint Site Usage - View Site Visits, Unique Viewers, Files shared externally and files trending.
- Site management - View Office 365 Group Sites
- Managed device access only policy - site level
- File Restore from One Drive - Restore from last 30 days
- New SharePoint Migration Tool